Monday, September 13, 2010

Helping Others Save and Recycle

Last Spring Semester 2010, I composed a 20-page paper on why it is important for people to recycle, how to do it and what the negative reactions are to recycling.  I was astonished at the excuses that I came across and although some are valid, it almost seems that people are ignorant to the fact that rather than throwing out items, we can actually reuse them. 

A little about the blogger:  I am a mom still attending college in pursuit of completing her Bachelor's Degree in Business.  My interests were not always business-minded; I had many dreams of traveling the world, becoming a scientist (my strongest subject, but I am lacking the mathematical skills to pursue another degree in Environmental Science or even Biology), opening my own photo shop, coffee shop, and my latest obsession, yogurt shop.  But alas, life leads you down a path you never imagined and I couldn't imagine it any other way.  I live in Nevada with my husband and the cutest, exuberant little boy. 

I have pursued being a working mom and it hasn't worked in my favor lately.  The result has forced us a family to create a budget with a buffer (of course) and stick to it.  We had to learn on our own to manage our finances.  There is not a class available in college (at least not in mine) that teaches students about how to manage their personal finances, so we had to do it all ourselves.  But I love the opportunity to raise my family and be able to create a schedule and interests that benefits not only myself, but my family and hopefully others. 

With this blog, I want to extend to my audience how I have reused and recycled common items that most consumers will throw into the trash cans.  I also plan on sharing numerous tips I have acquired over the last few years in saving money. 

I welcome positive feedback for improvement and growth.  Please feel free to comment and if you have anything to contribute, please let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment